- I finished 11 books (6 paper, 3 Kindle, 2 audio) - including 2 re-reads.
- I DNFed a bunch of books this month.
- For Cybils, in total I read 211 fiction picture books and 34 board books. Our round 1 panel narrowed the list down to 7 fiction picture finalists and 5 board book finalists.
- I didn't make it to the gym at all this month. We were busy on the weekends, and I was lazy.
- I eat Whole30 with 1 meal per week cheat except for the last week of the month. I was pretty lax for Christmas and New Years.
- I managed to maintain my weight from the end of November, which I thought was pretty good. I'm still down 13 pounds since starting Whole30.
- Jim bought me the Whole30 cookbook, so I've renewed interest in this style of eating for January.
- My work was closed the week between Christmas and New Years, so I had a very nice break.
- We participated in a Christmas cookie baking day at Jim's sister's house on the first Saturday in December. It was a fun new tradition. (And I didn't eat any of the cookies we brought home.)
- We spent Christmas weekend with Jim's family. His sister hosted on 12/23.
Claire, Christopher, and Sam
- We hosted on 12/24 and 12/25, but we managed to have some time alone just the 3 of us to open our presents under the tree on Christmas morning.
- Then we went to Philly to visit my sister and her family for 12/26 through 12/30. It was a VERY long trip. The kids fought a ton. They had a good time when we did activities, but playing at her house didn't go very well. We've decided to meet in neutral locations in the future.
Christopher and Andy
- Jim, Christopher, and I went to see Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in concert with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra. Basically they played the full score while the audience watched the movie. I thought they'd just show movie clips (without sound). It was a surprising and kind of hard to concentrate on their playing. But it was fun.
- We hosted a gingerbread house making party with a couple of friends. (And, yes, we did gingerbread house destruction on New Years Eve.)
- We went to see Moana twice. We loved it!
- We decorated Christmas cookies with some friends.
- Christopher and I went to see Sing. It was cute. Fun music.
- We hosted a New Years Eve party. We had a huge turn out. We had a sitter for the kids, and the grown ups played tons of board games. We all stayed up too late and had a great time.
- We got our house sided...blue!
How was your December? Can you believe it's 2017?